Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Life in limbo

It's been a while, 7 months to be exact. I found myself driving to work today thinking about how much I miss keeping my public "diary" of sorts. Then I realized just how behind I was on it. My reader count is low (extremely) so luckily I don't feel too guilty for the neglect. Anyways... What happened since last July? A lot. I'm sure everyone saw the news or experienced the flooding here in September. It devastated so many communities. The area where we live wasn't damaged but so many others weren't as lucky. The officer was called into work the day after the rain began and didn't come home for a day or two; it's all a blur now. It was heart breaking to see the destruction it caused. Then came Halloween. The officer was a trucker and I was a rabbit. There we were sitting in our costumes all excited for trick-or-treaters but do you think any came by? Just one. One trick-or-treater. I was so disappointed because Halloween is my favorite holiday but hopefully we will get more once we move out of apartments. I must say though, that kid made off like a bandit, business man in the making. Since he was the only (or one of a few) trick-or-treaters in the building, everyone must've given him all of their candy. We sure did, 2 bags worth! Then came Thanksgiving and Christmas, the usual.

A new job emerged in August and I couldn't be happier. Time truly does fly when you're having fun and I am always wondering where my days go. Most days I am mentally exhausted but I honestly couldn't ask for anything more. When I first began in August, I had no idea how much training and learning I was in store for. Now that I could kind of see the light at the end of the tunnel, I am so happy to have gone through that tunnel. There's nothing better than surprising yourself with what you could do. The people I work with are amazing and not a day goes by where they don't make me laugh so badly it hurts. I truly am lucky. Most important thing I learned in these 7 months? How to faux-curse... Son of a biscuit!!


On another note, wedding planning has been steadily kicking into high gear. With 3 months left until the wedding, I am in a slight panic. Final appointments with caterers, floral, venue walk through's, rehearsals, payments, DJ song lists, seating charts, RSVP's? Thinking about it all makes me want to go insane. The whole planning process has been a challenge for us for various reasons. The officer and I pretty much have opposite schedules so whenever I get to spend time with him, I don't want to spend it doing wedding things. So our only option is to split duties and go it alone. Everyone warned me that family will become even more difficult to deal with once a wedding is underway. What they didn't tell me was that my family would be in a maniacal frenzy! The Officer and I have considered just going to the court house and calling the wedding off on more occasions than I can count on two hands! But we made it... Almost... All I know is I can't wait to seal the deal. We have waited so long and worked so hard for this. It's almost here!


The Officer has been on overload at work, it seems like the crazies just multiply. It still baffles me how busy they all are on any given weeknight. He got a 15 minute break today where I was able to talk to him and that is a good day in my book! I always figured weekends would be the busiest times for them. Boy was I wrong... Go to sleep people!! It's too early in the week and too late at night to go crazy.



To be continued...



0 comments:

Post a Comment


http://theoccupationalrealist.blogspot.com/