Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The world keeps turning

Things are finally beginning to wind down. I find it bitter-sweet that the wedding is over. A whole year of planning for one day. I'm not saying it wasn't worth it, it was the best day of my life. On the contrary, it was so perfect. Thinking back to it I become an emotional basket case, but what's new there? Since the big day, the officer and I have been going through a roller coaster of emotions. Happy ones, but we have found ourselves shedding a few tears looking through the wedding binder, first dance video, the flowers, everything. Neither of us know why this is but I hope it tapers of because I would like to be able to listen to Michael Buble and Allister again without the waterworks! All I know is, the venue was perfect, the music was perfect, everything was perfect. All of our friends and family have smothered us in love and kindness, we couldn't be more thankful for all of the people we have in our lives. But the most important thing of that day was him, he is what truly made the whole day amazing. I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for us. I am just beyond happy that I will have him to share it all with. Afterall, the point of a wedding is to mark the beginning of a lifetime. Photos will be coming soon...

We went on our honeymoon to Mexico shortly after the wedding and it was a blast! It wasn't as hot as we thought it would be in June but it was so humid compared to what we're used to in Colorado. The officer was kind of nervous leaving the country for the first time and of course I pick the least tourist-y things to do so poor guy probably wasn't too thrilled. We took a taxi to downtown and spent the day wandering around. It was so beautiful and so different from what we know. Sad as this sounds, it was the first time I had ever seen roads made of stones. The Spanish colonial architecture was amazing. We had a few crazy taxi drivers... I will leave it at this: thank goodness for traffic laws and traffic law enforcement! It was so nice getting away for a week and being surrounded by palm trees and the ocean, it was long overdue. No cell phone service, no internet, no work to do... I miss it. But now we're home and it's back to the daily grind! My next project is helping with the baby shower for one of my amazing friends! I can't wait to meet that little boy for the first time, ah!!

That's it for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


http://theoccupationalrealist.blogspot.com/