Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry

With the officer at work tonight, I find myself just lounging around on Christmas Eve. It's not a bad thing, I visited with my grandparents earlier in the day and got some stuff ready for the family gathering tomorrow. After this holiday season, I am all cooked and gifted out. Nonetheless, the officer has Christmas off and it's always a bag of surprises when our families are involved.

I figured this would be an appropriate post to communicate how thankful I am for everyone and everything. Warning, this will be long. I am thankful for my husband and the joy and love that he has brought into my life since the moment I met him. Almost 5 years with this guy and it still feels like we are a giddy, newly-dating couple. I am thankful for my family who love and support me even when I'm not very deserving of it. I am thankful for my awesome in-laws. Don't hear that one often, do you? I am thankful for all of our extended family. I am thankful for my incredible friends. Life would be so dull and lonely without you guys. I am thankful for our current home and our soon to be home that is under construction. I am thankful for my job, which I truly love. I am thankful for my hubby's job because it is one that he loves and it makes me brim with pride. I am thankful for our beautiful wedding this year. I am thankful for all of the amazing people I have met this year, especially all of the LEOW wives. I am thankful for all of the deep conversations held over wine and coffee. It's crazy how much soul-spilling is done when there is a glass in hand. I am thankful for my best friend's adorable, healthy son. The list goes on... But seriously, whatever complaints came from my mouth this year all amount to nothing.

So on this Christmas Eve, I will be thinking about all of the LEO's out there and wishing for their safety. I will be thinking about all of my family and friends and I will be thanking my lucky stars for all that I have.



Now, enough with this sappy nonsense....
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!



0 comments:

Post a Comment


http://theoccupationalrealist.blogspot.com/